Autumn is the time of year when the weather starts to get cooler, leaves are falling, hot chocolates and fluffy socks are in their way back in getting you ready for Winter. Also, Autumn is the time for a new shade of lipstick! The shade I tend to go for over Autumn is a berry/plum tone because I think this looks amazing and is more of a warmer colour than the bright pinks and corals worn over the summer. Here are my top 5 lipsticks for Autumn, and see below for swatches of these.
- Too Faced Color Bomb in Bigger Berry – This is a deep plum tone and I love that once this lip product has been applied it gives a slight tingly sensation to plump your lips up slightly to give a nice affect. I bought this from TK Maxx a few months ago, but it is available online in various stores, for example here
- Avon Lipstick in Untamed Mauve – This is more of a neutral toned purple so is perfect for a minimal makeup look. I bought this from an Avon brochure a long time ago.
- MAC Lipstick in Plumful – I love this shade of plum, it has a cream finish to it and looks amazing on, its a deep purple, but not too deep – if you know what I mean. I also love the lipstick itself because it is so easy to apply. I bought this a while ago from the MAC store in Liverpool, but this is available in their online store here
- Maybelline Colour Sensation in 150 Stellar Pink – This is more of a pink tone but I love this lipstick because it is on the darker range of pinks and also has a lovely sheen/metallicy finish which is gorgeous! This is available online here
- Barry M Lipstick in 156 – This is a deep purple colour which is absolutely stunning, I find this a little harder to apply because it isn’t as smooth as the other lipsticks but I do love the tone of this lipstick and it is so pigmented, as you can tell from the swatches below! This is available online here